Skip to main content

Enjoy this.

An affirmation my therapist shared with me to enjoy liminal moments, like making a cup of tea or sitting in your car. For me, however, the affirmation comes to mind moreso when I'm on the brink of a mental overload. 

My baby is on my chest disputing the nap she desperately needs because she's overtired. She's squirming, rolling around, standing up, sitting down, la lalalallalalalal going nuts, and right as my patience is about to run low.. 

 Enjoy this. 

 She is the light of my life. She's silly, and energetic, and playful and curious, everything I could ever love wrapped up in a 14 month old. All of a sudden, whatever is about to turn in my chest, transmutes. Amazing how a couple of words can flip a moment. 

 I've been in the weeds with publishing and the redesign. Here's a sneak peek at my to-do list:

- Input all updated design graphics into the guitar apps

- Minor redesigns for those apps, then to update

- Redesign social media graphics

- Find 6 more testers for Uke+

- Redesign blog

- Put time into Rec Center project (websit, new app)

The list goes on. And similarly, as I find myself as I'm dragging and dropping, updating codes, running into publishing hurdles, the second level to the same problems I encountered last year, that same phrase pops up:

Enjoy this. 

Enjoy not having a deadline. Enjoy designing on your terms. Enjoy cultivating a vision for the future. Enjoy having enough time to spend all day with your baby, that you have the privilege to spend every waking moment with her without having to worry about day to day things like I use to. 

I'm so grateful for this project, and it is a lot of fun. There are times when I bring my nerves to the edge over it, but that's only because I care, and it's wonderful to have something to care about to that degree. I am somebody who thinks, probably too much. To some, emotions are like the weather... they come and go. That's true too, but to me, emotions are information. Everything is information. Everything is data, and my mind automatically analyzes, compares, finds patterns, finds beauty. It's maddening at times, but it's also something I can bring myself to feel utmost gratitude for.... and it's why I can do what I'm doing. It's why I can persist, and why it's taken me so damn long to just find the thing I like to do and what makes me happy. 

My ultimate goal is to serve. To help others. To give back in some way, but the only way I'm going to effectively do that is by first finding what brings me joy. Here I am in a beautiful home, with the man I love, a wonderful child. To have that is enough. But now to have some sort of path, although uncertain, but to just have this privilege to work on something to get my nonstop ticking mind to double down on and tune in on, it's therapeutic. 

I'm sure recruiters are laughing at me when I throw my application at their product jobs. Whatever. Right now is ok. Having this is ok. June is coming, hell, I'll do tarot readings to make up the subscription. I just want to keep it going.

Once the redesign is wrapped up, I'd like to find a way for users to save their own decks/songs. That way you don't have to type it in every time... from there, a community for people to share their decks. From there, maybe a separate screen to pull up songs and lyrics so you can sing along to the songs. The chord changes on the lyic.

Wouldn't it be funny that after months of throwing applications at The Muse Group (ultimate guitar), I create their competitor? 

That would be fucking awesome.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The update to rule them all

 Ok y'all I'm really gonna send it. Firebase. Cloudinary. I was hesitant because I don't know these programs and I don't want to get defaulted into a subscription, but I figure even if I get that many users to justify it, then it's worth a shot. I am holding back on the design updates. I just want everything to send at the same time. All the designs looking the same on all the apps. All the features looping/acting the same. I just want to plop it all out there instead of trickling updates and progress... so yeah things are bound to look messy for the next couple of weeks but I am tinkering away on the back end as much as I can for that final send.  I... am... eexcitttteeeddd!!!! This is so cool! I don't expect it to take off right away, but just to have a new direction to go into with the app. Even though it's unknown waters, it's something new and I'm eager to give this a shot. I really feel good about all of this. It's all been a momsical whim ...

Another Finish line

Wow. I think this next big step is what completes the app. Anything after this will over complicate things. But my last steps are this:  Playlist - a community playlist of chords in the order of songs that you can practice and play.  + you don't need to manually enter something if you can find it + lots of people contributing  Custom - hear the chords before they flash. An option to save decks in an advanced version of the screen + allows personalization at a basic level The only thing is that people will probably prefer the custom saved chords over the community chords, but whatever. The playlist community was really just a workaround for this custom screen thing that I'm just gonna try and ship.  Kind of like when I had just started, with the Styles button. It was a workaround for Playlist, building custom chord decks. But I ended up keeping the feature anyway because it's fun to try.  It's funny how simple my guitar apps look compared to what's coming. This n...

Exhausted

 Alright. Whelp. The update is done. Songs can be saved now. I have to count the days individually and hope that google approves it after 2 weeks and hope my testers actually do the thing. Ughq;eufhjnlfjqwe fiwknf;modwukfnjqvmlierf   as nice as it feels to be doing this app and to feel like I have some sort of direction, not making any money for doing all of this work, hearing back from any recruiters about other types of jobs... one thing at a time I guess. I've been working at this every night for weeks, when she naps, when she sleeps.. it's the only time I get to myself. Now that I'm just done with this update I've got all of this nervous energy built up. I need to rest.